This standard provides additional requirements for protective gloves that are wore in ares where flammable or explosive areas exist or might be present. It specifies a test method and requirements for performance, marking and information for electrostatic dissipative protective gloves to minimize explosion risks.
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
● Oxygen-enriched flammable atmosphere
Atmosphere in which the oxygen content exceeds 21;5% volume fraction of air
● Vertical resistance
Electrical resistance through a material in Ohms, as determined by using specified electrodes
● To earth
Connect a conductor to the main body of the earth to ensure that it is earth potential
● Vertical resistance < 1.0*108 Ω
● Protective gloves shall be produced without electrically conductive connections (e.g. by metal rivets).
● External thin attachments, such as label or reflective strips shall be permanently attached around all edges.
● Adjustment systems such as hook and loop systems not be used.